What to do if I need extraction?
At Dentalplus, our dentists can provide treatment for every type of extraction. Whether you need a a simple plucking of teeth or a surgical extraction, we can help. After diagnosing your teeth, the dentist will be able to tell you of all available options, alleviate any pain if necessary, and provide you with the treatment that you need.
What do I need to do after dental extraction?
- After extraction, bite hard on the provided gauze for at least an hour.
- Do not rinse too vigorously or change the gauze too frequently (keep gauze for at least 20min) as it prevents effective clotting.
- Have a good rest at home.
- Avoid strenuous exercise, hot foods & drinks for the rest of the day to minimize bleeding.
- If bleeding occurs, apply clean gauze to wound area and bite firmly.
- If profuse bleeding persists, please call us at 62706800.
Is a lot of strength required for tooth extractions?
In a simple extraction, the dentist will grasp the tooth with forceps and try to loosen it by moving the forceps back and forth. Generally if the correct technique is employed, minimal strength is required. On the contrary, if too much force is exerted, the chances of tooth breakage are high.
Do not worry as you will be given an injection (a local anesthetic) to numb up the tooth so you will just experience some pressure being exerted.